Saturday, September 29, 2012

Full Plate

Greetings Apples,

School is in full swing, and I am already feeling the pressure of due dates and career demands. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have returned to graduate school this year to finish my Master's degree.  In addition to tackling that beast, I have a career full of demands and time commitments. On top of the actual "teaching" part of my job, I run our school's recycling program and sit on the RTI and Technology committees. (I swear I scaled back this year...) Those things alone keep me busy from Monday to Friday (and if we're honest, at least one day of the weekend, too.) Add on to my plate 31 progress reports due on Wednesday; scheduling and attending about 35 parent/teacher conferences in the coming weeks; SST, 504, and IEP meetings I am required to attend early in the mornings before work actually begins; and the first chapter of my thesis due in a week...

I am one frazzled girl in fancy ballet flats.

To offset the stress, I am trying hard to get enough sleep each night. I am also trying to do little things to treat myself when I can, like putting fresh flowers in my bathroom to enjoy while I am getting ready in the morning or getting a manicure so I have something pretty to stare at while I am typing my thesis.

I keep trying to remind myself that this level of stress I am feeling will only last for a short period of time. If everything goes as planned (which my dad has emphatically told me IT WILL!), I will be donning my cap and gown in May of 2013. Eye on the prize, right?

What things do you do to help yourself manage stress?

Miss H.


2 comments:

  1. coffee, dark chocolate and red wine! (oh and sweating my butt off at the gym - even though I normally hate the gym but nothing like physically working your body to where your mind stops working for a while...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get on my bicycle and hammer the pedals...get lost in my art room and create, create ,create.

    ReplyDelete