Sunday, September 2, 2012

First Day Jitters

Greetings Apples,

If only kids knew that their teachers are just as nervous the night before school starts ...

I always know summer is officially over when I begin having school nightmares. Teachers know which ones I'm talking about - the ones where you show up on the first day and nothing is planned, your room is a disaster and you have absolutely no control of your class when they arrive.

My school nightmare this year was a little different. In my back-to-school dreams, my teeth began falling out, and I had no way to get to the dentist in time. So, like any dedicated teacher, I attempted to teach my first day with my mouth shut.

Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep the night before the big day.

Despite all of my worrying, I had a great first week back. My class has been delightful so far, and I am looking forward to a really fun year in fourth grade!

Miss H.


No comments:

Post a Comment